I Want a PhD in Africana Studies

I'm really thinking about my future and I want a PhD in Africana studies to pursue research and the ratification of HIV/AIDS around the globe, but more exclusively in Africa. I'm like really excited about this revelation honestly. Before, I was majoring in medicine but I'm disabled and the work environment (I believe) would be too much for me. This degree gives me more flexibility and it's something that I love to learn about. It also puts me in the foot steps of my Grandma Sadie who worked with the UNIA to provide underpriviledged, BIPOC identified students the means to study and research (of the many things that the UNIA does). I feel so happy. I got my NYU ID today which I'm excited about. Everything is coming together and I do have to attribute a bunch to chanting. Chanting has given me new perspectives on things and the ability to go after things I may be reluctant to pursue in the past. I'm going to try and read 50 pages of Fela's book everyday so I can finish his book in about a week or less.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Posting More On Here