Sharing My Story in Group Therapy

I shared my story in group therapy today... One thing that still bothers me and kept me up last night was my ex that tried to boil my face in water. I know there are times when I can talk about it much but the PTSD from that situation is so severe that it prohibits me from going to sleep and stays in my thoughts during the day. But yes... My ex who I was with on and off for three years tried to boil my face in water because he said I cheated on him when I tried to leave him. It was so humiliating. I didn't want the police involved, I didn't want anyone involved. I just really wanted to be left alone... He told me that I'd never be anything other than sucking another man's dick and that hurt my feelings so bad. Like I said, it is one of the things that still bothers me to this day even though it happened in 2018 and it still can bring a bit of sadness to me. In group therapy today, I shared my story and they were so supportive and that made me feel better. I do want to do more advocacy work for women who were/are involved in domestic violence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Posting More On Here